Tonight, at our monthly Open Mic Nyte, we say farewell to Mojo’s Cafe & Coffee Bar in Ada, Oklahoma. Unfortunately, they are closing their doors. Thank you for your hospitality.
Someone lit a fire under me. Obviously, I’m talking figuratively.
I have more news about RealmWalker: New Beginnings, but I’m going to wait a little bit before I share that. In the meantime, I’ve got the motivation to get Anchor (aka Book 2) started.
I had started it a while back, then I had edits to do on New Beginnings. So I set Anchor aside. And then I kind of got stuck and didn’t remember where I was going with it.
Enter the plot bunny.
I call her “Mom.”
She had a “what if…” scenario for me. And I loved it! So I scrapped what I had done on book 2 so far (it wasn’t a lot) and started over.
And, once I find an appropriate image to go with this post (and my Internet quits cutting out so I can get it posted!), I’m going on that. At the moment, I’m letting Jeffrey (the new sub-main character) talk to me.
Here’s to fires and plot bunnies! May you have as many of you need of one or the other…or both.
I honestly don’t remember what the last bit of news was that I told you all on RealmWalker, so here’s a summary.
- What had originally started as a stand-alone book (just titled RealmWalker) will now be a series of three books. The first is RealmWalker: New Beginnings. The second will be RealmWalker: Anchor. I don’t have a title for the third one yet.
- I have started work on RealmWalker: Anchor, but there are substantial changes that will be happening to that storyline.
- I just finished a round of edits on New Beginnings. I will be sending it back to my editor tomorrow afternoon.
I think that covers it. I’m so excited about this book/series. I love the story and I can’t wait to share it with you!
Hello! And welcome to the July Ultimate Blog Challenge.
During this month, I will be posting a lot more than I would normally. (OK, given my lack of posts lately, anything would be more than normal, but let’s not go there.)
In the vein of introducing myself, let me give you a few, somewhat random, facts about me.
- I am a writer.
- I am very interested in the area of creativity.
- I believe everyone is creative.
- I write fiction under a pen name (Kat O’Reilly).
- I am working on edits for book one of a romantic suspense novel series.
- I live in Oklahoma.
- I am legally blind.
- I knit and crochet.
- I play too many games on Facebook and on my Kindle.
- I love fountain pens,
- I enjoy reading.
- I love notebooks (and many kinds of stationery).
- I am going to Weight Watchers.
- I have recently started stamping and making greeting cards.
- I love helping people recognize and utilize their creativity.
I think that’s enough. You now have 15 random facts about me. Ask me any questions you might have in the comments and tell me one fact about you. Let’s get to know each other a little bit since we’re going to be spending a lot of time together this month.