I recently joined the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA). Why?
There are several reasons. One is that I’ve wanted to for a while, but I assumed the dues would be out of my price range. I found out that isn’t so. It’s $35USD a year for individuals.
A second has to do with plans I have for the near future. I want to teach some classes at a local store and I thought it would look better for me to be a CGOA member. (I also discovered they have a certified instructor program that would be good to do too.)
Third is I’m really interested in some of the events coming up. For example, they have a conference in July. I don’t know yet if I’ll be able to go or not, but it’s good to know. The website is also why/how I discovered March is National Crochet Month.
With all this, if you’re a crocheter, you might be interested in membership benefits. From the welcome email:
CGOA membership offers great inspiration and connection with other crochet enthusiasts as well as the following member benefits:
- Annual free subscription to Crochet! Magazine
- CGOA Member newsletter “Chain Link”
- Bi-monthly eNewsletter
- FREE Patterns
- Quarterly Crochet-A-Longs
- CGOA BLOG
- Educational Opportunities:
– Discount on Craft Yarn Councils’ Certified Instructor Program
– Discount on Master of Advanced Stitches and Techniques programs
- Access to a teacher contact list for CGOA chapter workshops
– Join or start a CGOA chapter to connect locally – there’s even a cyber chapter
– Volunteer for one of the many committee opportunities
- CGOA Annual Conference benefits:
– Class discounts
– Free entry into the Marketplace
– Meet top teachers in the field of crochet
– Members free or reduced rates on ticketed events
– Members-only Design Competition
– Attend Professional Development courses
There are some other benefits, but instead of showing everything here, click the link above to go to the website.