The procrastination game has been strong today. I have indulged in it instead of fighting it and getting things done. On one hand, that’s not a problem unless it becomes a habit. On the other hand, it’s a consistent habit and I need to break it.
I did pretty good with things on the writing front this week. Here’s a round-up of my creative life this week.
- Ultimate Blog Challenge: This is day 7. When I post this, I will have officially made it a full week.
- RealmWalker: I have added a chapter and a half and 5,042 words this week.
- #100DaysProject: I decided writing every day would be my project. That seems good since I’m wanting to finish RealmWalker this month and I have another novel (young adult along the lines of Nancy Drew) that needs to be finished, too. It started Tuesday so this is just day 5 and so far I’m 5 for 5.
- Greeting cards: Yes, I make greeting cards. I got started when I went to a stamping group about six months ago. I love it! Initially, I didn’t want to get involved in anything else since I have so much going anyway, but I was given a LOT of stamps and ink pads, so I thought I’d look into it. The group gets together the first Thursday of the month at the scrapbooking store downtown. I love it.
- Yarn stuff: At the beginning of the week, I was between projects. I like to have something going that I can do while I watch TV. I also like to have something at hand that I can do while I think about what’s next in what I’m writing. For TV-watching, it can be a complicated pattern. For thinking-while-writing, it has to be pretty mindless, otherwise, I’m thinking about the pattern and not the writing. Anyway, I started a new shawl yesterday. It was far too complicated. I’ll still finish it, but I think I’m going to have to crochet along with the videos provided. So I started another shawl this morning. This one is easy and works up pretty fast. It’s the perfect thinking-while-writing project.
That sums up my week. How was yours?
I’m going to post this and get to work on RealmWalker, even if it is late. (With that nap I took this afternoon/evening, I should be good for a while.)
See? I even used this blog post as a procrastination tool. Get busy already, Jen!